Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tooltips not working properly in Power BI Service

Hi All,

With the help of Report Page i am showing a tooltip for a grid which is working fine in Power BI Desktop but when i publish it and when i hover it on Power BI Service sometimes its showing properly and sometimes it is showing blank and sometimes it is showing the column headers alone and sometimes values alone. Am i missing something anywhere? Do i need to turn on in the settings or anywhere to make tooltip work properly in Power BI Service?

Thanks in Advance,

Prakash

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I checked now and it looks like it is working much better now. I didn't did any changes to it. 

The browser which i am using is Internet Explorer.

Not sure why this issue came and how it got resolved automatically within 1-2 weeks. I am afraid what if the issue occurs again in next couple of weeks..

Thanks

Prakash

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DavidPROVOST
Advocate II
Advocate II

Same issue Here. Report published from july 14th Desktop.

Works fine on desktop, KO on service, with IE11 and latest Chrome version.

When we change the target page configuration from tooltip to drillthrough, OK.

Tooltip content like static textbox is correctly displayed, but the barchart is not.

It occurs, both when source visual is a card or a barchart

It occurs, both when target visual (in tooltip) is a barchart or a multiple axes chart by xviz.

Important note to reproduce issue :

The first time I hover the visual, the tooltip displays fine.

I have to change a slicer value before hovering again, to trigger the bug : the tooltip shows, the textbox in tooltip shows, but the bartchart shows for half a second, then disappers.

The third time I hover the visual, the barchart doesn't show at all.

All following hovers will get the same result again and again, until I refresh the page.

This does not depend on slicer value.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

we are facing the same issue since 2 days I think (Issue from Power BI Service, no issue from Desktop).

But it was working before, without issue.

It should be a bug.

Regards,

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

It will help if you provide more detailed information for your scenario. (e.g. power bi desktop version, datsorue type, connection mode, detail configure of your tooltips...)

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

As amitchandak said, it also can be a compatible issue between the old version browser and power bi service.  You can test with other web browser to confirm it your issue is related to it.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Which browser you are using. Previously there was some known issue on IE11.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/tooltip-not-wokring-in-power-bi-service-in-Internet-explorer/m-p/832208

Clear cache, Refresh and check. If the issue persists, log an issue - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I checked now and it looks like it is working much better now. I didn't did any changes to it. 

The browser which i am using is Internet Explorer.

Not sure why this issue came and how it got resolved automatically within 1-2 weeks. I am afraid what if the issue occurs again in next couple of weeks..

Thanks

Prakash

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.