Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

id013
Helper V
Helper V

Tooltips not working in IE

Tooltips not working in IE. They work fine in chrome but not IE 11. I'm not using custom tooltips just the default ones. Also I have a laptop that has IE 11 and that worked once I added the site to compat view but my PC IE11 doesn't. I've tried resetting the browser as well as adding it to compatibility view (that's what got my laptop to start working). 

Just to clarify as well this is when viewing the report on report server not in Power BI Desktop itself.

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @id013 ,

By my tests, I cannot reproduce your issue in my site.

Untitled.png

What about updating your IE browser?

In addition, you could clear the cache and cookie and try again.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am having a similar issue.  In a report with custom report tooltips, the default tooltips are not showing in *edge* but do work in chrome.  So frustrating.

So it's not a good answer, but I've found that when I reboot my PC tooltips start working in IE. So I'm guessing it must be something that I'm running that is maybe affecting things. 

Hi,

So I'm actually using PBI desktop with Power BI Report Server (May 2019). Also I am able to get it to work on my laptop on IE which uses the same IE version as my PC so I know it CAN work. I'm just wondering if there's any specific settings that can interfere with it? I've tried clearing the cache, trying it with no add-ons enabled as well as resetting the entire browser. 

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.