Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tooltips in Tables/Matrix

Hi,

Having seen the new Tooltips feature in the July update, is there a possibility to add a field to the tooltip but in a way that would not show in the table?

I miss the tooltip section in those visuals...

Thank you,

Tamir

8 REPLIES 8
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you want to show only part of Tooltip for table visual?

I'm not very clear about your requirement, could you describe it in more details?

Besides, we could turn off the Tooltip for the visuals, If you go to the same tooltip card you use to control report page tooltips, you’ll see a toggle has been added to the card. If you turn the toggle off, you’ll receive no tooltip at all when hovering over the visual.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-piga-msft

In my table, I have the fields: Country, count measure.

I would like to show in the tooltip another field called "Capital" which is not represented in the table.

This is what we can do with bar charts for example. We can add as many fields as we want to the tooltip field and see the relevant data according to filter content.

Regards,

Tamir

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you want to achieve the output like below?

tooltip.png

If it is, you could create the Tooltip Report page for table visual as the same as bar chart.

More details, you could refer to the attachment.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, Can i define different tool tips for different column. I.e. Attachment you have posted if i keep my mouse on region it shows sales while if i keep my mouse on margin it shows variance against last year. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-piga-msft

Please see a screenshot from the file test you uploaded:

There are a little blue circle and a message that pops when pointing on that icon.

It happens to me in other reports that I actually do not get the report tooltip page but instead, I get only the "Classic" tooltip data. I cannot understand under what circumstances that happens. 

Meaning, under what circumstances the report page tooltips is not supported?

Thank you,

Tamir

Tooltip Report Page.jpg

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry for misunderstanding your requirement before.

By my tests, I'm afraid that we may not achieve your requirement for table visual, because it doesn't have the field Tooltip.

It happens to me in other reports that I actually do not get the report tooltip page but instead, I get only the "Classic" tooltip data. I cannot understand under what circumstances that happens. 

Meaning, under what circumstances the report page tooltips is not supported? 

In addition, the message means that this field for Tooltip will be used when you tooltip report page is not supported, such as in dashboard or viewing reports in mobile apps or in embedded environments. In these circumstances, if you have added the SalesAmount to Tooltip Filed, it will back to default tooltip.

Untitled.png

Best Regards,

Cherry

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Cherry,

The strange thing is that I get that message in a regular report. Not dashboard and not mobile. Just a simple report.
I used to get the report tool tip and than something happened and I got that message.

I did not find any reference to it on the net.

Thanks
Tamir
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-piga-msft

Please find a screenshot as an example.

I want to add columns to a tooltip section.

I have more than 20 tables in my report and creating a tooltip report for each is not practical for me.

Thank you 

Tamir

Tooltip.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.