Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tooltips for buttons

Hi everyone!

Could someone tell whether it is possible to add some description to the button on hover? Something like a tooltip that will tell where this button refers to?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@Anonymous: December 2018 release now contains button tooltips.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my test, it is not possible to meet your requirememt currently, Maybe you can add the comment manually like this to work around.

button.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I am short of place, so button text is not suitable. Thanks, anyway!
tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@Anonymous: December 2018 release now contains button tooltips.

For us in december release it's not visible... We see action -> type -> Q&A / Bookmark / Back. But I expected a fourth option; tooltip...

Am I looking at the wrong place?

Edit; I found out that I can make a hard included text, but not what I hoped for.... I was hoping for making a special 'tooltip page' and linking a button to it, but that's not what is build in december update I see now.

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Yes, wrong place.  Right now you are looking at the options under Type which is the wrong place to look. Under Action you have: Type,  Bookmark, and Tooltip which is usually blank (the default CTRL-Click...).  Put your tooltip into the tooltip box and it will show when you hover over the button.  

Hello tjd, 

It works like a charm, thank you so much for the tip! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.