Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

Tooltips Sequencing

Hi All,

In power bi desktop charts, in case we have more than one tooltips how can we modify the sequence. I want to be able to change the default sequence of tooltips when i hover mouse over my charts in PowerBI desktop. Is there a way to customozie it. Any help would be appreciated.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

4 REPLIES 4
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@negi007 yes you can customize tooltips, read more here

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

tooltiptooltip

I am not sure if I was clear about my problem. I want to change the sequnece of the tooltips on a chart. Attached image hopefully will make it clear

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

Hi @negi007 

parry2k may point to the right way, you could find details here how to use report tooltip page to improve tooltips.

As tested, we can add "Value" bucket in a matrix visual and turn on "show on rows", then we would get a similar visual like the default tooltips, but it can't align as expected.

You could create any other visual to display the information for tooltips.

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Disclaimer: This response contains a reference to a third-party World Wide Web site.
Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you.
Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites;
therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there.
There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet,
and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

@negi007 exactly, the post I shared allows you to create your own tooltip and can put the items in the sequence you want. Did you have a chance to look at the post? Although with inbuilt tooltip, you cannot change the orde.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.