Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

wmeyer
Helper III
Helper III

Tooltip to display Correct Month/Year for visual showing monthly Year over Year

I have a visual displaying monthly YoY sales totals. When hovering over the sales for the same period last year, it doesnt display the correct year, so it can be confusing which months are actually being compared.

For example: For May, This year it shows May 2018 and Previous Year Shows May 2018 as well, when I would like it say May 2017. The data is correct, the labels are not. 

It's not letting me attach a picture. I will keep trying!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @wmeyer,

I'm afraid this is not supported. The values displayed in Tooltip can only be those fields added to X-axis and Y-axis. In your case, the year number displayed on X-axis is 2018, current context is Year2018, the YTD LY is generated based on Year2018. so it is not available to see 2019 when hovering over the sales for the same period last year.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @wmeyer,

I'm afraid this is not supported. The values displayed in Tooltip can only be those fields added to X-axis and Y-axis. In your case, the year number displayed on X-axis is 2018, current context is Year2018, the YTD LY is generated based on Year2018. so it is not available to see 2019 when hovering over the sales for the same period last year.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Is there any workaround for this issue?

wmeyer
Helper III
Helper III

Tool tip help.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.