Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tooltip (report page onmouseover) on completely transparent object

Is it possible to show a tooltip (report page onmouseover) on a completely transparent object?

Example. I have a text box. On top of that text box I will put an object that is completely transparant and shows a tooltip (report page) when onmouseover.

As far as I can see its not possible to do tooltips (report page onmouseover) on buttons, text boxes, images and shapes.

It is possible to do it on a card but the onmouseover area is as big as the value. I dont want to show the value so there is no area to onmouseover on.

3 REPLIES 3
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

In a card, you can make the font up to 60 pt.  You could create a fake measure (just something to put in the card) like

ToolTipMeasure = "                                              "

It is just a big long empty string made long enough to fill up the length of the card and because there is no text to display it is transparent.  Just an idea to play around with.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks but I can't get it to work like I want.

If I do this and set source spacing to on, I get a ... (dot dot dot) because the string is longer than the card. In this case it works but I dont want the ... plus there is an area above and below the string where onmouseover does not work, even though the font size is 60.

I could make the string shorter but I have multiple instances in one report I want to do this for, with different sizes, which means I have to make dummy string measures for every instance.

If I set source spacing to off the ... disappears but the onmouseover doesnt work at all anymore.

Other ideas?

Or does anyone know if there is a official idea to vote for?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors