Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

adk79
Frequent Visitor

Tooltip only shows blank values

Hello everyone,

I have a problem using the tooltip feature.

Basically I've activated the tooltip on a card graph so that it can show last year's value when we put the cursor next to it.

The problem is, it always shows blank values.

And when I create a new card graph and put the same measure that I have in the tooltip it correctly returns last year's value

I've created a new graph (table) and I have the same problem the tooltip is always blank.

I've checked everything including page/graph filters and nothing ...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
adk79
Frequent Visitor

I've found out that someone added hidden slicers in the tooltip page that are not synched with the other pages.

The way I found out about them is that I wanted to add hidden slicers to give context to the tooltip, once I removed them it started working fine.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
adk79
Frequent Visitor

I've found out that someone added hidden slicers in the tooltip page that are not synched with the other pages.

The way I found out about them is that I wanted to add hidden slicers to give context to the tooltip, once I removed them it started working fine.

Avantika-Thakur
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @adk79 ,

Yes, the card visual accepts only one field, but you can once try including the field used in card within the custom tooltip that you have created along with the last year's KPI so that it can identify context.

Avantika-Thakur
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @adk79 ,

You might have to include the field currently being dispalyed in the card visual/table along with Last year's KPI, only then it would be able to identify context and display the tooltip.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Avantika

@Avantika-Thakur   the card graph only accepts 1 field, the tooltip should synch to the page's selected slicers and show the value as it would be shown in a seperate card graph .. or at least that's what I want it to display.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.