Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DarrenLau
Advocate I
Advocate I

Tooltip on chart with cumulative figures not showing correct data

Hi,

I am having some issue with creating a tooltip that shows cumulative sales broken down by groups.

I have a chart showing cumulative sales (all groups) by month/week, and that is working fine. I want to have a tooltip that shows a breakdown of the cumulative sales in groups.

Total Sales : $400,000 on chart

Tooltip to show :

Group A :$100,000

Group B: $150,000

Group C: $150,000

Is that possible? I assume it can be done as the default tooltip shows cumulatives sales for each date point but as a single figure.

I tried creating the tooltip with the Cumulative Net Sales measure as the value in the matrix, but it is only showing the sum of sales (by group) for that time period eg that week's data only, not cumulative.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@DarrenLau 

You may take a look at Create tooltips based on report pages.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@DarrenLau 

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-chuncz-msft wrote:

@DarrenLau 

Hi @DarrenLau 

I bumped into the same issues and read the page recommended above.

Not sure If I missed something, but could not find the answer to this question.

Does it have something to do with the sentence highlighted below?

If so, it is rather unclear to me. Could someone explain?

Thank you!

Limitations and considerations

There are a few limitations and considerations for tooltips to keep in mind.

• Beginning with the December 2018 release of Power BI Desktop, Button visuals also support tooltips.
  • Report tooltips are not supported for custom visuals.
  • Clusters are not currently supported as fields that can be shown in report tooltips.
  • When choosing a field to be shown for report tooltips, when using a field versus a category, visuals that contain that field will only show the specified tooltip when summarization with the selected field matches.

Here is an example of the problem that I am experiencing with Custom Tooltips.  As you can see in the tooltip, the Registrants field is not accepting the Webinar Name Context.  You can also see in the report how it is properly functioning.  Any help here?

Registrants_PowerBI_Error.PNG

Thanks,
Matthew

DarrenLau
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi,

Bumping up the thread to see if there are workarounds or if I am missing something. Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.