Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bvuHH

Tooltip not showing Time for a datapoint

Hello,

my Line Chart visual pulls its data from a SSAS Cube.

The x-axis of type continious shows datetime values, i.e. 27. Feb 12:00 with 6 hours intervals.

However, if I hover the mouse pointer over a charts datapoint, it displays the date only

for the associated datapoint, but not the time.

PowerBI_27022018.PNG

I tried to drag a formated Datetime field to the tooltip bucket of the visualisation pane but to no avail.

Appreciate any thoughts on how to troubleshoot.

Thanks

Bodo

3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User
Super User

Select your date column, go to modelling tab and check what is the data type and format and that could be the reason that it is not showing tooltip correctly.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

I cannot made use of the modelling tab because it's disabled.

My report connects to a SQL Server Cube (SSAS) and I don't use a query to pull the data.

In my datasource (SSAS cube dimension) the date-value column is of type date.

PowerBI_28022018.PNG

I specified the Datum DE.Value column for the x-axis which gives me the correct results on the axis.

PowerBI_28022018_1.PNG

I also tried to drag the formated date/time column (ie: 28.02.2018 14:15) to the tooltip bucket, but Power BI don't accept the column.

I also followed Customizing Tooltips in Power BI Desktop but I cannot acomplish as described here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @bvuHH 

I'm swimming in the same trouble right now, did you find a way ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.