Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

GavinR87
Helper II
Helper II

Tooltip line multiple charts

Hi all - me again!

I have another query. I have 2 line charts above each other on a page.

I'm not sure of the exact term, but when moving across the chart there is the tooltip line that shows the value of the line chart.

Can you make it so the line and values appear on 2 charts at the same time, as my X axis is the same for both charts?

The image below shows what I mean. You can see the bottom chart shows the value of 88.68 @ 09:13, but I would like at the same time for the line to appear on the top chart for the value on the top chart at 09:13 also (at the same time).

Is this possible? Hope my dodgy explanation makes sense.

Grateful for any advice 🙂

cea2jMI

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you plot both lines on the same chart, then the tooltip will have the effect of showing both value at a particular time.2019-11-02 17_35_10-2019 - Power BI Desktop.png

Hey @Anonymous 

Thanks for the reply.

I can't seem to plot 2 series on a line chart for some reason. When I drag the series into the values field, it removes whatever was in there previously, and allows only one series 😞

I tried to get around it by using a line and clustered column chart, however that doesn't work for me either, as I have legends for days of the week, whereas this graph combines the days into 1 single series.

Thanks again - I suspect it is probably me doing something wrong here. Power BI is a steep learning curve!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GavinR87 

Very odd -

My line chart has 3 different data series in the Values area. My Legend area is blank, my Axis is "Deldate"

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.