Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tooltip for Description of the ID's

Hi!

I a looking to get the  description of each IDs individually on the Table that I ahve created for IDs by Date.

For the Ids to be in one place under each respective date I created a meassure like :

EWP ID = CALCULATE(CONCATENATEX(CALCULATETABLE(VALUES(Sheet1[ID]),FILTER(Sheet1,not ISBLANK(Sheet1[ID]))),Sheet1[EWP],UNICHAR(10)))

Now the Table will look something like i:

2020-01-01      2020-02-02   2020-03-03     etc etc
ID 1                    ID3                    ID1             
ID2                     ID4                     ID7
ID3                                              ID5
                                                   ID4

Each of the IDs has a description attached to it and when somebody hovers it I want to show the Desc pertaining to that ID only.

I created a Tooltip table with a lit of IDs and Its description and used on the above report , the issue is when I hoover over any ID under a particular date, it displays all the Desc of all tyhe IDs under a specific date. I want to display only specific Desc of the ID on which I am .

Is it possible to do so:

My data structure is as follows: Eaxmaple

Date              ID No    Description     Status
2020-01-01    ID1        xyz                 Open
2020-02-02   ID2        abc                  Open
2020-02-02   ID3       bgd                 Open
2020-02-02   ID4       fdg                Open
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

Regarding the Status condittional formatting create the following two measures:

ID_Status = CALCULATE(MAX(Sheet1[Status]); FILTER(Sheet1;[Ranking_ID] = SELECTEDVALUE('Ranking'[Value])))

Status Colour = SWITCH([ID_Status];"Closed"; "Green"; "Open"; "Red"; "Pending";"Yellow")

Now use the Status Colour to do the condittional formatting you can change the colors and status to the correct values that you need.

MFelix_0-1603209673004.png

Has you can see each status has a colour (changed your data a little bit)

Concerning the drill trough let me chekc I will get back to you.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you are having an concatenex for your measure the data that you are picking up is all of the one that are included in that concatenex that is why you are getting all the values you need to change the way you are presenting the information.

• Create a table with the following code:

Ranking = GENERATESERIES(1 ; 20 ;1)

• This code generates a table of values of 1 to 20 (if you have more ID's per day you need to increase this value
  • Now create the following two measures:

Ranking_ID = RANKX(ALLSELECTED(Sheet1);CALCULATE(MAX(Sheet1[ID])))

ID_Value = CALCULATE(MAX(Sheet1[ID]); FILTER(Sheet1;[Ranking_ID] = SELECTEDVALUE('Ranking'[Value])))

ID_Description = CALCULATE(MAX(Sheet1[Description]); FILTER(Sheet1;[Ranking_ID] = SELECTEDVALUE('Ranking'[Value])))

• Setup a matrix visualization in the following way:
    • Rows: Ranking[Value] - column with the numbers 1 to 20
    • Columns: Sheet1[Dates]
    • Values: [Id_Value]
    • Hide the column values
  • Create a tooltip with a card and the [ID_Description] measure

Final result below and in attach PBIX file:

MFelix_0-1603121742782.png

Regards

Miguel Félix

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI MFelix!

Thanks for your reply, it seems to work although its in a different way but looks great. I was wondering if I need to create a drill through based on this output how will that work as I dont unique connection against this Ranking table  that I created. I ahve one another table with similat IDs and there are several documents against these IDs and I want to be able to drill down to that table using the IDs from the first stable i.e Sheet1 in ou example.

Also right now I dont see any conditional formating option available using this option.

Kind regards,

Hi @Anonymous ,

Can you please explain a little bit better what is the drill down and conditiional formatting you need to achieve? How is the model setup.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure. So I have a table with the Date , ID and Description and the Status. Based on this table I built the Ranking table as you sugested and used in the matrix table so I have the Descriptions as tooltip. Now I want to color code the individual IDs based on its status.

As for drill down, I have a third table which also has the Id's and Document numbers and few other details. For this I built a new page with the IDs , document numbers  and other details from that third table and set up the drill down. When I drill down from the first page to this drill down page  based on a particular ID, it displays me more data than that particular ID that I selected which is not right, it should only bring data related to that ID.

Thanks

Hi @Anonymous ,

Regarding the Status condittional formatting create the following two measures:

ID_Status = CALCULATE(MAX(Sheet1[Status]); FILTER(Sheet1;[Ranking_ID] = SELECTEDVALUE('Ranking'[Value])))

Status Colour = SWITCH([ID_Status];"Closed"; "Green"; "Open"; "Red"; "Pending";"Yellow")

Now use the Status Colour to do the condittional formatting you can change the colors and status to the correct values that you need.

MFelix_0-1603209673004.png

Has you can see each status has a colour (changed your data a little bit)

Concerning the drill trough let me chekc I will get back to you.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.