Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

newgirl
Helper V
Helper V

Tooltip error?

Hi!

I'm a a relatively new user for Power BI and I have been working on an expenses report for the company (covered some parts of the reports for confidential purposes). So in one slide, I have a simple table consisting of (1) list of employees, (2) their expense amount (column 2019) and (3) the % of grand total (see figure 1). Included in this slide is a slicer so that the user can choose the month - in this case, February.

Figure 1Figure 1

Since I'm new in Power BI and I want to play around with a tooltip for the 1st time, I have set up a simple tooltip for the table (see figure 2) - it's the same table (like, I literally copied the same table from figure 1 and pasted it on the Tooltip slide) but this time, it shows the department of the person. So I turned on tooltip settings and it works fine at first.

Figure 2Figure 2

So I tried hovering each name, testing the tooltip, but when I get to some names (example, "Angela Marie"), the tooltip does not show information even though clearly(see figure 3), in the Tooltip slide (figure 2), it has "Angela Marie" in the table.

But in some cases, say, for "De Guzman, Ro", the tooltip works fine. (figure 4).

Figure 3Figure 3Figure 4Figure 4

I tried changing the visualization in the tooltip but still, "Angela Marie" does not show up. I've already tried filtering the tooltip slide into "Angela Marie" only, and the tooltip in figure 1 still does not show the data.

I tried looking for same scenarios online but I can't see a post about this.

Am I doing something? Or is there a bug? I'm so lost.

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@newgirl ,

I can not reproduce the issue, try using the latest version of Power BI Desktop.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi!

I downloaded the new version but I still get the same error.

Hope you could help me with this!

Thank you

dk

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.