Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Danielnir
Helper II
Helper II

Tooltip Title Based on Drill Down Level

Hi All,

I have a bar chart with a drill-down option. 

The levels (collumns) are:

1. Category (Sales, Expences, Overheads)

2. Subcategory (Indirect Labour, Equipment Hire etc).

I made a tooltip that is showing data from other months. 

The problem is that I can only select one column as a header in "Card" Visualisation. When I'm drilling down from "Category" to "Subcategory", I still have value from a column "Category".

How to make the title in this Tooltip to change along with the drill-down level on the main chart?

Hope it makes sense 🙂

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Danielnir ,

I am not able to understand your query properly. Please add details like screenshots: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Hi Pragati11,

Thanks for the quick reply. Here goes some more detail:

I have a bar chart with a tooltip attached. On the tooltip, I have another bar chart with historic data and a Card visual with category name.

It looks like that:

Danielnir_0-1627914337735.png

When I'm drilling the main chart down, the category name on the tooltip stays the same.

Example: When I'm drilling Overheads in the main chart, the category name on the tooltip remains the same:

Danielnir_1-1627914568757.png

I would like to make a title from the tooltip to change along with the drill-down level on the main chart.

Hope it clarifies my question 🙂

Hi @Danielnir ,

What happens if you add same drill-down fields to your tooltip chart?

I haven't come across anything like this before and sure if this is possible to do in custom tooltips.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

The chart in Tooltip is showing correct data. It's only the category that is displayed in Card visual that I want to drill down when drilling down the main chart. 

Maybe I should mention that Main Category and Subcategory are separate columns. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.