Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Danielnir
Helper II
Helper II

Tooltip Title Based on Drill Down Level

Hi All,

I have a bar chart with a drill-down option. 

The levels (collumns) are:

1. Category (Sales, Expences, Overheads)

2. Subcategory (Indirect Labour, Equipment Hire etc).

I made a tooltip that is showing data from other months. 

The problem is that I can only select one column as a header in "Card" Visualisation. When I'm drilling down from "Category" to "Subcategory", I still have value from a column "Category".

How to make the title in this Tooltip to change along with the drill-down level on the main chart?

Hope it makes sense 🙂

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Danielnir ,

I am not able to understand your query properly. Please add details like screenshots: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Hi Pragati11,

Thanks for the quick reply. Here goes some more detail:

I have a bar chart with a tooltip attached. On the tooltip, I have another bar chart with historic data and a Card visual with category name.

It looks like that:

Danielnir_0-1627914337735.png

When I'm drilling the main chart down, the category name on the tooltip stays the same.

Example: When I'm drilling Overheads in the main chart, the category name on the tooltip remains the same:

Danielnir_1-1627914568757.png

I would like to make a title from the tooltip to change along with the drill-down level on the main chart.

Hope it clarifies my question 🙂

Hi @Danielnir ,

What happens if you add same drill-down fields to your tooltip chart?

I haven't come across anything like this before and sure if this is possible to do in custom tooltips.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

The chart in Tooltip is showing correct data. It's only the category that is displayed in Card visual that I want to drill down when drilling down the main chart. 

Maybe I should mention that Main Category and Subcategory are separate columns. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.