cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sprague90
Frequent Visitor

Tooltip Reports - Is there a way to apply two filters to the same card? State vs Region data on Map

Hi All,

I have a Tooltip Report for a US map. I want to show data for the state, as well as the overall region data. Right now, only one filter is being applied.

Power BI - State and Region Count.jpg

Is there a way to distinguish the state and region data?

Thanks for any information!

3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User III
Super User III

@sprague90 you can surely achieve this by creating new measure for Region which ignores the State filter. If you can share sample data, I can get you a measure to achieve this.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Hey @parry2k,

I was working on this more today. This measure does *almost* I want to achieve

Region_Count = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('BID FILE'[PROBILL]),ALLEXCEPT('BID FILE','BID FILE'[Destination State Regions],'BID FILE'[CONSIGNEECOMPANY_CLEAN]))

I issue I run into with it is that while it does calculate the regional data, it only shows the total for the "customers" in the state I'm hovering over.

For example, say I have a list of 10 customers with regional data. If say a state's top customers are Customer 2, Customer 6, Customer 10, then the regional data will only show those customers. The data is correct; I just want the top in that region, no matter the customer in the state.

I appreciate your help on this!

Hi, @parry2k . Thanks for replying!

This is a rough idea of the data.

I want the count of unique IDs by category. So, if I hover over Pennsylvania, I will see:

Pennsylvania

Category 1 (2)

Category 2 (2)

Region

Category 1 (3)

Category 2 (3)

StateRegionCategoryID
PennsylvaniaNortheastCategory 11236
PennsylvaniaNortheastCategory 11547
PennsylvaniaNortheastCategory 28456
PennsylvaniaNortheastCategory 29874
New YorkNortheastCategory 17412
New YorkNortheastCategory 28521

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

July 2021 Update 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the July 2021 Updates

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors