Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cmckinney
Helper IV
Helper IV

Tool tips showing date

I created a matrix that shows the fastest, slowest and average times. I want to display the date of the fastest and slowest from each category when you hover over the cell in the matrix. Is there anyway to make this work? 

Hover.png

8 REPLIES 8
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cmckinney 

If still not fix it, you can create a dummy pbix and share the link here, we would draw it up for you.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

@v-diye-msft 

Here is a link to a dummy pbix file. Hopefully this helps. Thanks. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wy3ro6ammnjndcj/Example.pbix?dl=0 

Hi @cmckinney 

Sorry for my late reply, kindly check the attachment.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

@v-diye-msft 

Here is what it should look something like. But it should only show the line of data that is circled because it is associated with the data point selected. 

Tooltip.png

@v-diye-msft 

That is close. The tool tip needs to show the date that is associated with that point, in your solution it does not. Are you able to do that?

edhans
Super User
Super User

Yes. See this article on how to create your own Tool Tip Report Page. You can do pretty much anything you want with that.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

@edhans

Thank you for the link! I read the article and made it to this point:

Hover2.png

I am seeing Test name, measure name and measure switch but I need to see the date associated with the data point. Is there anyway to get that done? Thanks!

You have to tell it to use the Report Tooltip Page you created. That black box is the default tooltip once you turn tooltips on. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.