Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

Toggling to Hidden visuals on Bookmarks (Multiple Toggle Panes)

I use a lot of toggles on bookmarks to toggle different visuals. (Not a filter because the visuals are different and use different fields)

Here is an example:

MultipleTogglePaneIssue.JPG

When you go onto the page Toggle A is selected for Image 1 and Toggle A is selected on Image 2. So this would be on Bookmark 1. The correct visuals would be shown and hidden.

Normally I would have 1 panel on a page and bookmarks to go with each Toggle accordingly which is pretty simple to set up.

However there are two panels. I dont want to have to have a bookmark for each combination of toggle selected. That would be way too complicated.

The dream would be to have page sections. Is there anyway of doing this? Again, they arent simple filters (Set to not interact with the visual they dont belong too) because the visuals and fields change.

4 REPLIES 4
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

Hello @DebbieE ,

The trick with views like this is to treat each set of visuals and the buttons for that view as a seperate set of bookmarks, that way, if you have 4 visuals, each with 4 buttons, you have 16 bookmarks, not 256.  I discuss a similar question here

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Doubling-up-on-bookmarks/m-p/769112#M370614

Ive had a go at this as a test. But every time I go back to the main Bookmark and then back to Bookmark 2, Bookmark 2 is lost.

I reselect everything and then Update but still I lose the show and hide settings. 

Its incredibly difficult to set up

Bookmark 1 has Data and All visuals Selected

Bookmark 2 has Selected visuals Selected (Data is Off)

Bookmark 3 has Selected visuals Selected (Data is Off)

And I updated with the selected visuals against it (But when you start working on it again you lose the selections which is very confusing)

If I dont use Selected visuals tick box at least you get the chhange of the hidden and unhidden visuals (Of panel 1 at least)

Is there an order that you should do? 

It just doesnt seem like a viable thing to be able to do because its overly complicated. 

Hi @DebbieE 

Would you be able to share your .pbix file so I could take a look at the way the bookmarks are set up?

Unfortunately my work place does not allow file sharing using one drive or Dropbox etc 

Is there no way to just attatch the pbix file to the post?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.