Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vickyd
Helper V
Helper V

Toggle between a Navigation & Slicer Menu

I am planning to create a left navigation pane and a slicer pane in my report. These will be overlapping each other user can toggle between the 2. 

While I know how to do this with bookmarks, my question is, if I had to introduce these panes in each tab of my report, would I basically need to create unique set of bookmarks for each tab in the report or is there a better way?   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @vickyd ,

unfortunately, you have to create bookmarks (at least icons/buttons) for each page.

Of course it's possible to reuse bookmarks like "home" from each different page, but you to create separate (for each page) triggering objects.

Hopefully, this provides what you are looking for.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @vickyd ,

unfortunately, you have to create bookmarks (at least icons/buttons) for each page.

Of course it's possible to reuse bookmarks like "home" from each different page, but you to create separate (for each page) triggering objects.

Hopefully, this provides what you are looking for.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

@vickyd I am with @TomMartens on this one, I can't think of a creative way to get around multiple bookmarks for each page.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Yes, you'll have to create a bookmark for each pages because we all know bookmark stores current state of the page.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.