Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

EH_18

To much Data für Power Bi Desktop?

Hi everyone,

I just started working with the Microsoft Power Bi Tool. For testing the tools capacity and usability I got two big CSV Files from my boss. One is about 1,6GB and the other ist about 700MB. Database is MySQL. 

As I read that the maximum capacity of a Power Bi table is 1GB the import of the whole dataset didn't work. In the next step I got the 1,6GB CSV subdivided in years (2014-2018). I was able to import those in one analysis because each is smaller than 1GB and I also was able to connect them by the ID-number of the orders. Now I have four tables all including the same data but for several years. Because of the relationship management it is possible to connect them while analyzing, but instead of having just one field for example the ean-number there are now four of them (for each year).

I'm not really into all this technical stuff so I need help solving my problem. Is it possible to connect the four year-based tables to a big one again, so that all the several information is distilled in one field again? I also tried to connect the Power Bi with MySQL directly, but I wasn't able to because of any administrational rights.

I hope you might understand what I tried to say explaining my problem and also might help me solving it.

Thanks in advance! 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @EH_18,

Getting adminstrational rights to MySQL might be what you need.

However, there is a quick work-around. If you have four different tables in the same format with the same column headers, you can just append them and use the appended table in your report. I.e. make sure that all the column headers are equivalent in each of your 4 tables, append them and you should be left with one table with all 4 tables combined.

append.PNG

Hope this helps,

T

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @EH_18,

Getting adminstrational rights to MySQL might be what you need.

However, there is a quick work-around. If you have four different tables in the same format with the same column headers, you can just append them and use the appended table in your report. I.e. make sure that all the column headers are equivalent in each of your 4 tables, append them and you should be left with one table with all 4 tables combined.

append.PNG

Hope this helps,

T

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.