Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tanisha10
Frequent Visitor

To make one dropdown visible depending on the selection of another dropdown in power bi.

How to make one dropdown visible depending on the selection of another dropdown in Power bi tool. Is it only possible in Power Apps?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Tanisha10 ,

It won't be possible even with bookmark as well since you are expecting the change from slicer kinda dropdown.
Thanks,

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Arul
Super User
Super User

@Tanisha10 ,

It is possible, it depends on your data model. Could you provide more clarity on this? May be a simple scenario would help.

Thanks,

LinkedIn

Hi Arul,

We are migrating our OBIEE report to Power BI. Below images are from our OBIEE report.

You can see in the first image , we are seeing 1 dropdown with a serch box for SKU code.

In the second image, when I am selecting "UPC" from the dropdown, one more search box is appearing in the middle where I can able to search with UPC code as well. 

So our requirement is how to make a search box appear based on the particular selection from the dropdown in Power BI.

I guess one possible option would be "Bookmark".

Tanisha10_0-1670946500728.png

Tanisha10_1-1670946873458.png

Thanks In Advance

@Tanisha10 ,

It won't be possible even with bookmark as well since you are expecting the change from slicer kinda dropdown.
Thanks,

LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.