Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

HasanK
Helper I
Helper I

To get new records only

Hello,

I have get a sales report every week which contains year to date data. How I can get only new data into my reports. 

Note1: The reason why the report is sent as YearToDate is some previous date data maybe changed.

Note2: I tried some solutions which I found on web but I could not apply, quite complicated or not useful.

Thanks for your help. 

3 REPLIES 3
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @HasanK 

Based on your description, I created some data to reproduce your scenario. Today is 6/10/2020.

Table:

d2.png

You may go to 'Query Editor', make the 'Date' column selected, click 'Date Filters', then you may choose which logic to filter the data. Here is an example where the data is filtered by 'Year to Date'.

d1.png

Result:

d3.png

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you @v-alq-msft ,

as soon as I try I am going to give feedback, 

BR 

This solution does not solve my case. I would give some details. There is sales report which is sent every week contains 1/1/2020 to date, each new report has last week sales data and may contains same data of sales-return. What is sales return: The product was sold on 15/05/2020 as +1 unit which is reported as 15/05/2020 sales on the related week sales report, 10 days later on 25/05/2020 it was returned from consumer, this sales return is recorded as -1 units on 15/05/2020 means +1-1=0. The issue is my query should check the whole data and append only changed data and new sales data.

I hope I could explain.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.