I am a newbie in DAX. Need to figure out the implementation of looping concept.
I have a single table which has columns as
Now I need to display a single tabular visualization in Power BI Report displaying all the dates with their assigned values.
Let's suppose Start-Date = "01 Aug 2017" and No. of Repeating Days =3 for that row having Assigned Value = 4. Then, the table should be like:
Date Assigned Value
01 Aug 2017 4
02 Aug 2017 4
03 Aug 2017 4
Could someone please direct me how to achieve this through DAX or through Power BI features.
Go to Solution.
Based on my test, you should be able to follow steps below to get your expected result in Power BI.
1. In Query Editor, use the formula(M) below to add a new custom column called "End-Date" under Add Column tab > Custom Column.
= Date.AddDays([#"Start-Date"],[No. of Repeating days]-1)
2. Use the formula(M) below to add another custom column called "Date".
3. Expand to New Rows for Date column.
Then you will get a table like below.
4. Last, you will get your expected result by changing Data Type to Date for "Date" column.
5. Click "Close&Apply" to apply the changes.
Engage and empower students with Power BI!
Continue your learning in our online communities.
Travel to Melbourne and network with thousands of peers!