Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

omkarsawant30
Frequent Visitor

To Calculate Yesterday's result and 2 days ago's result

I am using the below formula to calculate Product Revenue as Month to Date (MTD) for the current year.

This Year Product Revenue = TOTALMTD(SUM('Product All'[Product Revenue]),DATEADD(FILTER(DATESMTD('Product All'[Date]),'Product All'[Date]<TODAY()),0,year))

Please help me with the formula for calculating Yesterday's result and 2 days ago's result.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
omkarsawant30
Frequent Visitor

I finally got the correct formula from my colleague as shown below,

Yesterday's Product Revenue = CALCULATE(SUM('Product All'[Product Revenue]),'Product All'[Date]=TODAY()-1)

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
omkarsawant30
Frequent Visitor

I finally got the correct formula from my colleague as shown below,

Yesterday's Product Revenue = CALCULATE(SUM('Product All'[Product Revenue]),'Product All'[Date]=TODAY()-1)

ghaines
Resolver I
Resolver I

Do you just want whatever the MTD result was yesterday and the day before?  You could use the same formula as before but with 'Product All'[Date] < TODAY() - 1, with an exception for the days before you would have a result e.g.:

Yesterday Result = 
IF(DAY(TODAY()) = 1, 0,

TOTALMTD(SUM('Product All'[Product Revenue]),DATEADD(FILTER(DATESMTD('Product All'[Date]),'Product All'[Date]<TODAY() - 1),0,year))
)

I dont want the MTD result, , i just want formula for yesterday's result for Product Revenue. Once i get that, i can use -1 in the formula to achieve the day before.

Arul
Super User
Super User

@omkarsawant30 ,

try this,

Yesterday sales = 
CALCULATE(SUM(Test[Sales]),DATEADD('Table B'[Date],-1,DAY))
2days ago sales = 
CALCULATE(SUM(Test[Sales]),DATEADD('Table B'[Date],-2,DAY))

Thanks,

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

LinkedIn

Hi @Arul , i tried using your formula as below
Yesterday's Product Revenue = CALCULATE(SUM('Product All'[Product Revenue]),DATEADD('Product All'[Date],-1,DAY))

but it's not giving the expected output, it shows output as (Blank).

@omkarsawant30 
Yesterday's Product Revenue = CALCULATE(SUMX(All('Product'), '[Product Revenue]),DATEADD(MaxX('Product '[Date]),-1,DAY,))

Try This One

Thanks,
Thennarasu

Hi @Thennarasu_R , i tried your formula, but it shows an error.

Yesterday's Product Revenue = CALCULATE(SUMX(All('Product All'[Product Revenue]),DATEADD(MaxX('Product All'[Date]),-1,DAY,)))

Too few arguments were passed to the MAXX function. The minimum argument count for the function is 2.

@omkarsawant30 ,

What is the visual that you are outputing the values? and What is the slicer values in your report page?

Thanks,

LinkedIn

I am using a Card to show the output number. There are no slicers, just a filter for Country.

@omkarsawant30 ,

If possible, Could you share the sample data?

Thanks,

LinkedIn

I dont see any option to attach excel file

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.