Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

laskawiec
Frequent Visitor

Tips on improving line chart clarity

Hi guys

This is my line chartlinechart.png

clicking to highlight is not useful (still hard to read the chart)

I'd ideally like to be able to switch each line on and of, BUT

we have 3 lines, score1(from 1 table of reviews), score2(from another table of reviews) and blended score (a weighted average of score1 and score2). I cannot append score1 and score2, so i tried creating a table for filtering (1 column, 3 rows: score1, score2, blended). Unfortunately i cannot create relationships because score1 and score2 have date fields that are both related to a common calendar table.

Is there maybe a custom visual with the ability to toggle each line on or off?

Thank you in advance for your engagement in this subject

Filip

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
laskawiec
Frequent Visitor

Hi guys

I ended up just creating a new table where I appended the separate tables, selecing only those that were necessary for the line chart. A simple UNION of SELECTCOLUMNS with a hardcoded source column was the easiest way out of this fiasco

Thanks for your participation

Filip

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
laskawiec
Frequent Visitor

Hi guys

I ended up just creating a new table where I appended the separate tables, selecing only those that were necessary for the line chart. A simple UNION of SELECTCOLUMNS with a hardcoded source column was the easiest way out of this fiasco

Thanks for your participation

Filip

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@laskawiec ,

Create a slicer based on the legend column in your line chart. Then you can select "score1", "score2" and "blendscore" when you need to turn on/off lines.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuta-msft 

Hi

unfortunately i don't have a legend since, as I said before, the lines are based on data coming from two different tables. I only have a common x axis (date)

Thanks for engaging in the discussion

Filip

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello-

Couldn't you just remove the data in the visual level filter for the times you want to turn it off?

Jared

Hi Jared

I'd like for the report to be as simple as possible, therefore it would be nice to have the filter be on the report page if possible

Thanks

Filip

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.