Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Timeline storyteller Issues

Hello! 

I am experiencing multiple uissues with the desktop version of timeline storyteller and was wondering if any one has also experienced similar issues?

1. When hovering over the data points some of the text boxes will not stay up but instead constantly flash not allowing the reader to read what is contained. There seems to be no real difference between the values that are flashing and the rest of the data. 

2. There are multiple text boxes that did not populate that are part of the "content text" category. I am again unsure what is making these random values different from the remainder of the data. 

If anyone has experienced these same issues and has any tips or advice I am open to any help I can get! (: 

Austin I 

6 REPLIES 6
gtaylor
Regular Visitor

Timeline storyteller not working on my desktop. Works fine on my Power Bi Pro site. Here are the two pictures. Please help

Timeline Storyteller DesktopTimeline Storyteller DesktopSame in Power Bi ProSame in Power Bi Pro

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm not very clear about your issue, could you share some screenshots to specify your it?

If it is convenient, could you please share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the scenario, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

In addition, what's version of Power BI Desktop do you use?

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have attached a video of botht he flashing of the boxes and the text not appearing in the boxes. I hope the video helps you to understand the issue. I will work to get you a dummy file uploaded for you.

Link to Video

Thanks! 

Hi @Anonymous,

It seems that your link is not avaliable. Could you please upload it again?

video.PNG

In addition, what's version of Power BI Desktop do you use? Please always work with the latest vesion of it.

Here is a demo pbix file attached about Timeline storyteller, you could check if this visual have the issue in your site?

Best Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I apologize! Here is a onedrive link, hopefully that works better! 

https://cannondesign-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/p/aizzo/EWCK3YMqBThHiNj25ozbkqgB_cGsHJPZ_7lkxuA3TQrvrw?e=...

I have downloaded the lastest version of powerBI and the issue remains. It appears that the powerBI document that you have sent is having some issues at my site as well (Pictures below). 

Timeline Help.jpg

I am working to get a "dummy" file to you but I need to ensure all sensitive data has been removed. 

Thanks!

Hi @Anonymous,

I have confirmed by the PG of custom visual  that is a bug, we have added this to our issue tracker. 

As a workaround, just hover over a corner of a segment, rather than right in the middle.

For blank tooltips, it seems this one in particular is because the text of the tooltip is very small (less than 3 characters), which is a bug, we will also add this to our issue tracker. 

Perhaps a workaround for this one, although not a great one, would be to add a period at the end, so the tooltip is a little wider.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.