Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bahlvin
Frequent Visitor

Timeline slicer including extra day

Hey folks,

Just noticed that the Timeline Slicer is for some reason including the first day of the next period...is this the expected behavior? This seems to be happening for all of the granularities. I'm using the latest version available on the Store: 1.3.21

Example 1: Selecting a single day, but a simple table view of data shows two days:

extraday.png

Example 2: Similar issue when selecting a single week: Two sundays included:

extraweek.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bahlvin
Frequent Visitor

Update: This issue has been fixed with the latest version of the Timeline slicer: (v. 1.4.1). 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Timeline-slicer-including-extra-day/idc-p/218162#M11111

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
bahlvin
Frequent Visitor

Update: This issue has been fixed with the latest version of the Timeline slicer: (v. 1.4.1). 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Timeline-slicer-including-extra-day/idc-p/218162#M11111

ziqh
Frequent Visitor

It looks like the version of the visualisation available "From Store" is working as expected. No extra days being pulled through from what I can see.

Existing versions from file still seem to have the issue, but removing the existing timeline slicer from a report and adding a new one from store seems to fix the issue.

Yuming
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for sharing!

I downloaded again, it is working correctly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has this been fixed?  It looks like my report is working today.

Hi

Have you done with any updates?

Mine is still the same

ziqh
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the filter idea manusen, pretty decent solution for the interm.

Hoping this gets resolved soon, however. User calls are starting to spike...

manusen
Frequent Visitor

Yes, of course. I used the simple slicer, which is in the basic Version of Power BI.  And i modified it to show the choices vertical.

Unbenannt.PNG

Then you just have to calculate Week, Month or/and Year from your Datetable.

I think it is a convenient way to solve the current problem, because your co workers won't find a totally different filter, when they open your reports.

Kindly regards, 

Manuel 

I was having similar issues with the custom Timeline visualization and thought I would check out the community and see if I was alone. No surprise, I wasn't alone. Even after upgrading to the latest version (1.4.2.0), I was still getting inconsistent results.

This is a great workaround and gives a clean look. And best of all, it's rock solid. Thanks, @manusen for the suggestion.

(You meant horizontal.)

manusen
Frequent Visitor

I switched to a temporary solution and exchanged the filter with a simple slicer:

Unbenannt.PNG

If you also have a datetable you can simple work with MONTH() and YEAR(), but unfortunately it only works for monthly based reports.

I think it is pretty close to the time slicer and a nice temporary solution before the bug get fixed.

Hi

Which visual you used for your slicer? can you give me an example please?

Many thanks.

Yuming

manusen
Frequent Visitor

Yes, since the new update we are having the same problem. Most of my reports using this filter and all my company stakeholders rely on power bi. Currently I am working to change every report.. Robot Sad I hope there will be a solution fast.

Hi,

What is your approach? I am currently use slicer instead.

BTW, does anyone knows is there a course of building custom visual of Power BI?

The Best,

Yuming

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also using the slicer visualization to temporarily fix my reports, as many in our organization need this reports to work correctly.

Same here. Good luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone had any issues with the Timeline Slicer actually disappearing from the Power BI Desktop?  The box for the slicer still shows up, but you cannot see any of the data.  It looks like a blank box.

screenshot.png

Hi,

Check for the data type, it has to be a "date".

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is a "date" and in the date format.  This slicer shows up blank on my PBI desktop, but when I publish it, it will show up fine.

I have been using this report for several months, and all of a sudden it just dissappeared on me.  It's really weird.

Hmmm...  Never had this issue.  Restart your PC, maybe?

What is your version of the visual and desktop?

I am having issue with the extra date/month data retrieved from the slicer.

Yuming
Frequent Visitor

Hi All,

I have got the same issue with time slicer with newest verstion of Power BI desktop.

We are dealing data by month, it is bring a big issue, I noticed 2017-7-12 morning.

Is there a soluation ?

Please fix it ASAP.  Thank you.

Yuming

Yuming
Frequent Visitor

Hi All,

I have the same issue, found out this morning 2017-7-12, it is causing big issue to us, please fix it ASAP.

Thanks!

Yuming

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.