Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bahlvin
Frequent Visitor

Timeline slicer including extra day

Hey folks,

Just noticed that the Timeline Slicer is for some reason including the first day of the next period...is this the expected behavior? This seems to be happening for all of the granularities. I'm using the latest version available on the Store: 1.3.21

Example 1: Selecting a single day, but a simple table view of data shows two days:

extraday.png

Example 2: Similar issue when selecting a single week: Two sundays included:

extraweek.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bahlvin
Frequent Visitor

Update: This issue has been fixed with the latest version of the Timeline slicer: (v. 1.4.1). 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Timeline-slicer-including-extra-day/idc-p/218162#M11111

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am running into the same issue (starting July 11th), but it only seems to be a problem with my "published" reports online.  It works fine for me with desktop, but I am still using the desktop version 2.46.4732.461 64-bit.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @bahlvin,

I was able to reproduce this issue. Thanks for your sharing. I will report this problem internally later.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, Is it the issue for Timeline Visual, or it is the desktop version?

Is it possible to go back to the old version of both?  I had no issue with old Timeline Visual +Power BI desktop.

Anyone by any chance have kept the old version of both visual and desktop?

Many thanks.

Yuming

Chris_Hittink
Regular Visitor

Hi there, I'm having the same issue now. Since my business stakeholders rely on my powerbi dashboards to report quarterly numbers, they are having a big issue. Sending you an example is not possible because the file is solely for internal use. It basically come down to the exact issue that bahlvin described, it's adding days that should not be included after filtering using the timeline.

Best Regards,
Chris

a_shamshur
Regular Visitor

Hi! 
having the same problem, noticed that on 11th July.
By the way, it doesn't always show, sometimes it works fine for "week"-level, but adds 1 day on "day"-level of time hierarchy.

This issue causes great troubles for our company, because we have a lot of reports using time slicer.
Here is my example on powerBI Desktop (2.48.4792.721 64-bit) (same proble in web):
I choose 8th of july, but data table also displays 9th of july.

example_bug_time_slicer.PNGexample_data.PNG

Here is issue link:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Timeline-slicer-including-extra-day/idc-p/210324

ziqh
Frequent Visitor

Confirming this issue, appears to have only started happening sometime on 10th July.

Filtering at all levels pulls in an extra day of data.

Causing us major headaches here, could do with a fix ASAP.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Is there an option in the Format section which you can configure to show the current date?

Also is this in the Power BI Service or on Power BI Desktop?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi guavaq,

Thanks for the response.

Is there an option in the Format section which you can configure to show the current date?

-> No. There are a few options in the Format pane (e.g., whether your week starts on a Sunday) but they are not relevant to this issue.

Also is this in the Power BI Service or on Power BI Desktop?

-> Both. We first noticed the issue in the Service and have reproduced it in the Desktop. My screenshots are from a very simple .pbix I put together where I was able to reproduce the issue, but I didn't save it. A new attempt at a simple .pbix isn't reproducing the issue for some reason 😞 We are still seeing this issue in the published report.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.