Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Andrewstg
Regular Visitor

Timeline slicer, Calculate value between two dates + nulls

So I am trying to get enrolled students between 2 dates and a null using the Timeline slicer and I am having a bit of trouble.

So here is my table, that I have joined on a calender to Startdate. https://imgur.com/a/rRODk,

What I need to do is when the timeline slicer is between start and graddate  it adds +1 count or even sum +1

If  a student has a startdate and grad date = null then it should also add a +1 when timeslice is >= startdate.

Here is a view of my relationships. 

https://imgur.com/a/jQvSz.

I have created a new start table, grad and enrolled all linked to the Calander.

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Andrewstg

What is the +1 count and +1 sum? Could you post some sample data and expected output?

Yea no problem, so I need to use the timeline slicer as the date range to count which students were enrolled at the time.

So if I have a start date but no grad date as in Grad date = null then he is enrolled from Startdate to Current Date and is +1 to the count during that time frame when selected on the timeline slicer. 

If they have a grad date then I need the timeline slicer to be from startdate  to grad date = +1 to the count for enrolled.

Since its only +1 I figured a sum or count would end with the same results.

Maybe using +1 is wrong but really jsut count students that fall between dates when using timeline slicer either Start to Curdate() when grad = null and start to graddate. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.