Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jluoma
Regular Visitor

Timeline slicer - 8 days on Week 5 of 2016?

As the title says W5 of 2016 seems to have 8 days on timeline slicer, beginning from Jan 31st and ending at Feb 7th :8daysaweek.png

I really need each week to have only 7 days, W6 beginning at Feb 7th instead of 8th. Is there any way to change this? Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@jluoma, thanks for reporting this issue. It is already been fixed in the 1.3.14 version Timeline chart. Please download it and try it again.  

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
be2881
Regular Visitor

I'm using version 1.3.17 and the same issue is back again in week 2017-12. The timeline selects 20 - 27 march. (and should select 20-26 march) I think it has to so with the daylight saving time (DST) (that occurs on 26th march in the Netherlands). Reinstalling of the custom visual did not work. The fist day of the week is set to monday. Result : week 1 till 11 everything OK, from week 12 problem in selecting the correct days. When first day of week is set to sunday, result : week 1-11 problem in selecting the correct days, and from week 12 OK

Any help would be appriciated.

What does the data in your table say?

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Do you mean the source dataset or the table visualization? The source dataset (SSAS database) has a datetime field, which is used as Time on the timeline slicer. If W5 is chosen with the timeline slicer, the visualization shows values of days from Jan 31st to Feb 7th (I'd like it to be from Jan 31st to Feb 6th, beginning from sunday and ending on saturday). The weeks before W5 are fine, but W5 has this one extra day, which offsets all the weeks after W5 by one day.

@jluoma wrote:

Do you mean the source dataset or the table visualization?

I mean what ever data is used to populate your slicer

sounds like a bug

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Yes, the field used to populate the slicer is a field that is transformed into a Date-field in the query editor. Sound like a bug to me too 🙂

@jluoma

The same behavior of Timeline slicer is reproduced in my test.  I will report this internally and would post back if there comes any update. Thanks for your feedback. 🙂

@jluoma, thanks for reporting this issue. It is already been fixed in the 1.3.14 version Timeline chart. Please download it and try it again.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.