Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

karimk
Helper III
Helper III

Timeline help: hotel room booking system

Hi!

I have a tough one. Is it possible in any way to make a timeline-like chart to show how my building are occupied during the year? Considerations:

-One axis shows months and weeks

-Another axis shows my buildings, by floor

-The timeline "filling" would be the teams occupying each floor

-I can have blank periods where no one would be using that space

-Preferably the name of the occupant would show on the bar filling the timeline, but we could have a sepparate table for that.

An example done in Excel:

example genoma.PNG

Any ideas?

Thank you very much.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @karimk,

Ansewring on question 1 and on the problem you have, I have made an error on the formula  were  we put Calendar[Week] should be [Week_Year] below is the corrected measure I have made the copy before finalizing my formula, sorry

Ocupation_Dates = 
VAR Week_number =
    MAX ( 'Calendar'[Week_Year] )
RETURN
    CALCULATE (
        MIN ( occupation[PRODUCTION] ),
        occupation[Start_Week] <= Week_number,
        occupation[End_week] >= Week_number
    )

So this solves your issue of blank values in matrix and respond to your first question the Week_Year column is how I define the start and stop on the matrix values

Thougt process:

The measure are based on context so when you add the columns (dates) and the Rows (buildings) all the calculations will be made with the "crossing" of the information of rows and columns.

The variable Week number makes a context validation within the matrix and returns that column week number by year

On the calculate I choose the Production value at the Year/month/week choosen and at the building. So based on that what the formula does is to compare the Week Number on the Column and check if the Start Week is higher than that and the End week is lower so based on that returns the values of the Production.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

Hi @karimk,

You can do this with image URL however the part of the name will not be available URL images can only be displayed with URL and not composed formulas.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.