Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

st-dat
Helper III
Helper III

Timeline display error date period as against table and chart

Hello community,

It's not funny at all. I just noticed when slicer is inserted in my PowerPivot excel 2016, it used to display correct value until few days ago I noticed wrong date values in quarter period, see image - slicer1 and slicer2 attached.

Until this week it has been working and returning correct value. The one on top is correct while the one below is wrong instead on showing Jul, Aug,Sept as Quater 3, it shows them as Quarter 2.

Someone to please help with solution

St-datslicer1.pngslicer2.png

4 REPLIES 4
Christann
Helper IV
Helper IV

@st-dat

Notice that in the first picture you also had July-September as Qtr2:

Inkeddsfasfd;sf;ljfdslkj_LI.jpg

Could you have an incorrect Fiscal Year? For instance if you inserted the wrong month in CalendarAuto(), you might end up with a result like this.

Hi Christann,

Thank you for your response.

The month you're seeing is correct for my fiscal year which start from April 1st and ends March 31st

So Quarter 1 = Apr, May, Jun; Quarter 2 = Jul, Aug, Sept; Quarter 3 = Oct, Nov, Dec; Quarter 4 = Jan, Feb and Mar.

Further assistance will be appreciated

St-dta

If your issue is that the slicer is selecting Qtr3 but the chart is showing Qtr2, check to see if your chart is connected to the slicer. Go to Report Connections to check.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.JPG

Thanks Christiann,

What I have done is created a new pivot table and chart which display correct date in Years 2017 with Quarter 4 and 2018 with quarters 1 ,2 ,3.

Then, I inserted Timeline which wrongly displayed 2018 -Quarter 1 as 2017 -Quarter 4;

2018-Quarter2 as 2018-Quarter1, and again, wrongly display 2018 - Quarter 3 as 2018 - Quarter 4  

Hope I have been able to explain better this time...The two images is also the clear scenerio i'm trying to explain here.

St-dat

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.