Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tiago_alves

Timeline conditional graph

hello, my question is about how can I plot the number of occurrences that are in a specific time interval in a graph. For example, I have a table where each row represents an occurrence and has a column for the start time and another for the end time of the occurrences. In addition there are columns that identify the type of occurrence, the location of the occurrence, the cause of the occurrence, the person responsible for the occurrence and the effect of the occurrence. I need to create a graph with a timeline with 5 minute intervals that shows how many occurrences were open in each interval, with the possibility of filtering by responsible, or cause or type of occurrence. In excel for example I could easily do it with COUNTIFS, but I'm not getting it in PowerBI. Can someone help me?

4 REPLIES 4
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tiago_alves 

you might consider creating pbix file that will contain some sample data (remove the confidential info), upload the pbix to onedrive for business and share the link to the file. Please do not forget to describe the expected results based on this sample data.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Hi @v-diye-msft.

The link to database is https://mosaicco-my.sharepoint.com/personal/tiago_alves_mosaicco_com/Documents/EXAMPLE.pbix?web=1.

The database contains the table "Events" with the record of events that occurred with mine equipment during daily work, such as trucks stopped for fuel supply, operators 'meals, operators' rest, queue, loading, tipping, among others.

Each row of the table "Events" is the record of an event with columns of date / time of beginning (HRINÍCIO) and end (HRTÉRMINO) of each event.

The expected result is to create a timeline bar graph, which can be filtered by any of the columns in the table "Events", where each bar represents the 5-minute interval. The size of the bars should vary according to the count of events that were occurring at each interval.

It is important to note that the event must be counted in the time interval even if it is only partially included in this interval, that is, the event must start at any time before the end of the interval, and end at any time after the start of the interval.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

the information in these links helped me with a few attempts but does not solve the main problem. even so, thank you very much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.