Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BryantAvey
Regular Visitor

Timeline Slicer 2.1.1.0 Bug

We found a bug in the Microsoft Timeline Slicer. When selecting all all the date cells on the timeline, the slicer resets and and removes all filters. Any visual filters applied are ignored.

An easy way to replicate this bug is as follows:

1. Apply a relative date in the filter section to the timeline slicer so it's set to "is in" the last 4 months. 
  2. The timeline slicer works perfectly when selecting individual months or even some (but not all months)
  3. When you select all 4 months (the entire range of months visible. you suddenly get all dates and not just the last 4 months.

A similar thing happens when you click inside the timeline slicer but not on a specific time cell. When you click on the whitespace inside the slicer it resets and autmicatically resets the enitre slicer and selects everything, removing all fitlers on the slicer.  I'm not sure if it's related ot the other issue, but it's similar behavior, and I suspect fixing one may fix the other bug.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BryantAvey , 

I test this in my environment(desktop 2020 Mar), I can't get the result of "When you select all 4 months (the entire range of months visible. you suddenly get all dates and not just the last 4 months.", I am not sure which part is different from yours.

656.PNG

I could reproduce this "When you click on the whitespace inside the slicer it resets and autmicatically resets the enitre slicer and selects everything, removing all fitlers on the slicer". This seems to be by design.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BryantAvey , 

I test this in my environment(desktop 2020 Mar), I can't get the result of "When you select all 4 months (the entire range of months visible. you suddenly get all dates and not just the last 4 months.", I am not sure which part is different from yours.

656.PNG

I could reproduce this "When you click on the whitespace inside the slicer it resets and autmicatically resets the enitre slicer and selects everything, removing all fitlers on the slicer". This seems to be by design.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

rj1983
Frequent Visitor

The timeline slicer does not works when changing from month to quarter or year view. 

So, if I am changing the time period in the slicer, the time slicer works and there is a corresponding change in the visual. But when I choose the frequency i.e. month, quarter, year, week etc., there is no change in the visual. Is there a fix to this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.