Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Timeline Custom Visuals - how to show a 1-day duration?

Hello, 

I am using the As Timeline custom visual to create a Gantt chart type of report.  How do you display tasks (categories) with durations that have the same start and end date? As a work-around I've entered the tasks with a 2-day duration just to get them to appear, but I really want these tasks to have just the one day duration.   I've searched the forums and watched some Youtube videos, but can't find anything.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Lisa G

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, 

Thanks for the info!  It gave me the idea to change my data type to date/time instead of just date.   (even though I am not really using times)  I set the start date to 12:00:00 AM and the end date to 11:59:00  pm on the same day and now the duration shows up on the timeline.

-Lisa

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

I test on A timeline visual which you mentioned and I found it use datediff to calculate duration.

When start date is same as end date, datediff is equal to 0.(current visual not support to display zero amount data label on graph).

Maybe you can try to contact to visual author and ask him to modify calculation logic.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, 

Thanks for the info!  It gave me the idea to change my data type to date/time instead of just date.   (even though I am not really using times)  I set the start date to 12:00:00 AM and the end date to 11:59:00  pm on the same day and now the duration shows up on the timeline.

-Lisa

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.