Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Timeline 2.1.0 Bug

Hi All,

I am using a TimeLine Slicer V2.1.0. I find it has some bug in it. I have the hierarchy for three years, whenever I try to slice the data for the first or second or first-second combined year, it automatically selects all the three years and gives me the total output. I had to try and keep the cursor on hold if I want the data sliced for the first or second year, if I let the cursor go, then it automatically selects all. 

The slicer behaves as if the data doesn't have a proper hierarchy or in other words it basically selects all instead of my choice of slice.

Is this yet to be fixed or am I just misunderstanding the concept or is my year wise data not suitable for this timeline v2.1.0?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my test using Timeline 2.1.0 in Power BI Desktop, it works well. When I make some selections in Timeline, and then don't click on this Timeline visual area again, but just let my cursor click on other visuals or on space of the report, or just let my cursor handover of the Timeline visual, it will return the corresponding result.

While if you click on this Timeline visual area again after make some selections, this operation will let the Timeline be default all selected state. While this behavior is by designed, it will be convenient for users to reselect. You will find the same behavior when using Slicer visual.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

hey can you please share 2.1.0 version visual file ??

I'm looking for this version file

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous  ,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to help others having the similar issue and close the case. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further.

Best regards

Amy

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my test using Timeline 2.1.0 in Power BI Desktop, it works well. When I make some selections in Timeline, and then don't click on this Timeline visual area again, but just let my cursor click on other visuals or on space of the report, or just let my cursor handover of the Timeline visual, it will return the corresponding result.

While if you click on this Timeline visual area again after make some selections, this operation will let the Timeline be default all selected state. While this behavior is by designed, it will be convenient for users to reselect. You will find the same behavior when using Slicer visual.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.