Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lilych
Helper II
Helper II

Time zone conversion reverting

I'm having some trouble figuring out why one of my datetime column's time zone conversion is flipping to another time.

In Query Editor, I have converted all my datetime columns to date/time/timezone and made the timezone to 'Local Time'. This works well initially and I create measures to calculate elapsed time. I do more work in my report and review everything again and notice that one of my datetime columns now has another timezone.

For example:

A) in this one, the timezone converts and shows correctly

lilych_0-1600989298960.png

B) Succeeded On time is now different, while all other times are correct

lilych_1-1600989320815.png

Any idea why this is happening? I rechecked Query Editor and see the steps are still there and correct. 

1 REPLY 1
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lilych ,

This is really weird. I have not encountered a similar issue. 

Could you create a dummy .pbix file for us to test? Please delete other irrelevant content and sensitive information.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.