cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time since last timestamp across two tables

Hi

Hoping to get some advise / a solution on this one. Hoping its something simple and I am over thinking it.

I have one table of "Activity" and one table of "Accounts".

Both tables have a UserID column (User_Key).

On the Activity table, there is a Timestamp for the "Activity" and I want to know the time (in days) since that account was last online.

I can do a simple calculated column to calculate = today()-[Timestamp)*1 and format as a number to get the days since that timestamp, then group by the result. 

This is in the attached model on the Activity Table [Days Since Last Visited].

This is where it gets interesting though, not every account is on the "Activity" table, as not every account has been online yet. 

We have 38 unique User_Keys in the Activity Table but there us 55 unique User_keys in the Accounts table where [Is Deleted] is FALSE. 

So how would I do either a measure or column to calculate Days since last active and group the results by;

0, <7, <14, <21, 22-40 and 41-90 days.

Where any non-active accounts without a logged timestamp would fall into the 41-90 days category/grouping?

If it made it any easier though non-active accounts could equal never used. 

Attached an example pbix to show the tables and columns and hopefully give some context to what I'm trying to achieve. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zn9t3REnpfR8hmSUtFlbFO942N66SHsw/view?usp=sharing

Thanks,

Josh

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Time since last timestamp across two tables

HI, @Joshua_Peter

What is your expected output? since you had created the column [Days Since Last Visited] as a group,

then use column calculate = today()-[Timestamp)*1  with it get your result.

So what is your other expected output? could you please explain the expected output with the sample data? 

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi 

The expected output is to group the days since last online by; 

0, <7, <14, <21, 22-40 and 41-90 days

but using all the accounts from the "Accounts" table and including null values on the grouping. 

So a bar chart with the below on the Y axis and then Distinct Account User_Key count as the values to total 55 Accounts but I also want the null values so we can see 0 accounts have been online 0 days ago. 

<7,

<14,

<21,

22-40

41-90 days

I did later manage to get all 55 accounts in the equation using 

Last Pageview = MAX([Timestamp (Visitor Time)]) on the Activity Table, 

Then Calculated column on the User table for IF(today - [last pageview]*1=7, "7",

IF... and so on... 

So anyone without any activity would have a huge last online number of days ago and automatically be in the last group. 

So now the main issue I'm having is getting the null values to show. 

I was looking at some other materials and that suggested using the calculated column to just do Today()-Last pageview*1 to get the numeric value and then use the visual group by feature to see the groupings but i have been struggling with it. 

Thanks. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

hi, @Joshua_Peter

Is your expected output is a group value for each User_Key in Accounts?

User_Key 0 <7 <14 <21 22-40 41-90 days
986   5 3 2 1  
987     2 10    
988         11 5
989   1   2    

If so you could refer to this post:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Group-Measure-values-on-rows/m-p/514475#M240454

And So now the main issue I'm having is getting the null values to show

you could add a "+ 0"  at the end of the formula then null values will be 0

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.