Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

WaterLady
Frequent Visitor

Time series graph with several parameters and a slicer

I have a line graph over time of several different water quality parameters over time with a slicer to hopefully only look at one parameter at a time. However, when I click on a parameter on the slicer it changes the date range to one random day. (the data spreads over 20 years). The day that it picks is seemingly random and is different for each parameter on the slicer. Here's what I have now : I would like to toggle between parameters in the slicer to show one at a time in the model with the same date range. I am a new user so any advice is much appreciated with a lot of detail so I can follow along. Thank you in advance!

WaterLady_1-1641407899270.png

and here's what's doing. How do I fix this?

WaterLady_2-1641407933708.png

4 REPLIES 4
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @WaterLady ;

According to my understanding, you mean that you want the graph to show the image of a random day when you select a value in the slicer?
If it is, you can use measure to do it, maybe RANDBETWEEN () you can try it out and make a sequence column.

But I don't understand why it only shows a random day, or the last day, the first day, or a day in between?

It might be better if you could share simple files after removing sensitive information.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@WaterLady , Seem like you axis is using date hierarchy and is on continuous axis type.

Change Date hierarchy to date or axis type to categorical and try

Axis_type.pngDate as Date or Hirrarchy.png

Thank you for your reply, however those did not fix the problem. If it helps this is what my data looks like.

WaterLady_0-1641500122837.png

Any ideas?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.