Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dcbp86
Frequent Visitor

Time range filter - hours and minutes together

Hi,

For some time I have been looking for a solution how to do something like this in Power BI:

dcbp86_0-1610969000436.png

Have you ever come across this to have a filter (not in the filters pane, but a filter in the report) where you can choose the hour, minute and date as an option between two dates?
I don't know how can I make the option between hours and minutes of power filtering e.g.
from 2020-01-09 03:15 to 2020-02-10 06:08

2 REPLIES 2
dcbp86
Frequent Visitor

I have two separate tables with the date and time in my model.
When i add hours and minutes to one slicer i only have a list and dropdown options and i can't add two separate slicers which will only be a list because it won't work as an option between them.

Do you know how i can:
1. Add hours and minutes to one slicer at the same time
2. do the second, analogous to the first slicer -> if I have the first points I'll do the same
3. How to set these two slicers as an between option

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

I think the best way to do that would be to add disconnected date and time tables to your model, use those in your slicers, and then harvest the values from those slicers to be used in your measure(s).  The measure could be used in a page filter, so that you could filter the whole page at once (depending on your model).

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.