cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Normeister Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Time of day slicer

I am also struggling with this feature.  Is there a solution out there?  all I want to do is use a slicer between two dates with a specific time.  ex. 1-jul-2018 6:30am to 18-jul-2018 6:30am.

Is there a solution to this?

deepakbi Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I am also struggling with this issue. When I put a slicer on datetime feild it only picks date and ignore time. I want filtering on Time as well. Any idea will be appreciated. Thanks..

urnaim Visitor
Visitor

I am also struggling with that issue - has anyone found a solution yet? there has to be a way!

Thanks in advance!

chrisbarron Visitor
Visitor

I would also like to see the ability to slice by time as well as date. I have large date/time stamped data tables which build over 24 hours every day. I need to be able to slice it between 1700 on one day and 1700 on a subsequent day [other random times are also required] and a slider would be the most obviously user-friendly way of accomplishing this. The same goes for Filters, which can't deal with times at all other than manually selecting the required minutes in a Basic filter, which is not practicable for a 15hour sample.

I have built a crude slicer value using

slicervalue = hour([datetime])&format(minute([datetime]),"00") formatted as whole number

This gives a value between 0 and 2359 for all times, which will then act as a sliding slicer, but it still won't work over different dates.

If the Date slider variant of slicer can convert date values into a slider, then surely it can't be beyond the wit of man to do the same with the decimal time values? Not all of us are looking at data over fanancial years. Some of us are working the fine details.

Come on Microsoft. Make us happy.