Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ToFrai
Frequent Visitor

Time intelligence - connect tables and use central data slicer not working

Hey folks,

quick question to an issue that dirves me mad:

I want to to show the two calculated averages in the two bridge tables, but only use one date slicer from the "date" table.

For Date Column calculation I used the CALENDAR (Min(..) ; Max(...)) function and paired them with the respective date columns (at least in my point of view) correctly.

See the picture below, but unfortunatelly it does not work to set the time span out of which the respective averages should be calculated correctly.

Can you help me please?

Many thanks in advance!Power bi issue time intelligence.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ToFrai
Frequent Visitor

Ahh!

Dont know why, but somehow the date formula was buggy.

Put "DATEVALUE(......" in front/ as a frame arround the above mentioned formula and now it works 🙂

Monday morning starts quite well! 😉

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@ToFrai

Does your calendar table have a complete list of dates without any missing dates? If you have missing dates, you will get incorrect or unusable data.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks but yes, I think so. I used now "Date = CALENDARAUTO()" which should include every date that would be necessary...

@ToFrai,

Could you please share sample data of the above two bridge tables and share DAX you use to create the two average measures? Also please post expected result here.

In addition, do you have datetime values or date values in the above bridge tables?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

Formula to calculate (/copy) the date in the two bridge tables from another one:

Created = Calculate(
   FIRSTNONBLANK('PA Business Partner Survey'[*Created];TRUE());
   FILTER('PA Business Partner Survey';'PA Business Partner Survey'[UUID_Q4] = 'Bridge Q4'[UUID_Q4]))

Sample data from the bridge tables:

image.png

'think that I use date values then...

I expect that I can connect the Date field from the bridge tables with the Date table, create a date slicer in the report based on the Date-Table date with which I can filter the content from the two bridge tables.

Hope that helps, thank you for your help in advance.

Tobias

ToFrai
Frequent Visitor

Ahh!

Dont know why, but somehow the date formula was buggy.

Put "DATEVALUE(......" in front/ as a frame arround the above mentioned formula and now it works 🙂

Monday morning starts quite well! 😉

ToFrai
Frequent Visitor

Hey folks,

quick question to an issue that dirves me mad:

I want to to show the two calculated averages in the two bridge tables, but only use one date slicer from the "date" table.

For Date Column calculation I used the CALENDAR (Min(..) ; Max(...)) function and paired them with the respective date columns (at least in my point of view) correctly.

See the picture below, but unfortunatelly it does not work to set the time span out of which the respective averages should be calculated correctly.

Can you help me please?

Many thanks in advance!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.