Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

giovissimo
Helper I
Helper I

Time filters show strange behavior

Hello,

I made a report about tv shows' ratings, with time filters on the front cover and a page dedicated to each tv show, but I noticed that even without making any time selection on the cover, the visuals on the shows' pages referred to a limited time range: I went back to the cover to check the time settings, and I noticed that the Year filter had set itself to the 2021 value, and the Month filter to September. I then cleared the selections and checked every single page, but the same settings appeared again on the time filters.

Now then, I wouldn't be able to set a time filter in order to display a default value even if I wanted it, therefore I'm at a loss to understand the reason for this behavior.

I hope all the above sounds clear.

Giovanni

4 REPLIES 4
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @giovissimo ,

Sorry for that I could not reproduce your issue:

Eyelyn9_0-1642401687469.png

Does such weird behavior occur in Power BI Desktop or the Power BI service? Please always use the latest version of PBI firstly. And what about other reports? Do they have the same problem? Did you try to create a new file to test?

Please provide me with more details about your table and your problem with screenshots or share me with your pbix file after removing sensitive data.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

sorry for the delay in answering.

The problems occurs in both the Desktop and the Service.

Unfortunately, the Desktop version I have is in Italian, so I'm not sure about how to translate what I thought about as a possible cause of the problem, but I give it a try: I thought that, after creating the time filters on the front cover, and with the "filter synchronization" page open to select the pages where the time filters were to be active, I might have unintenionally toggled the "visualize" option (as you know, there are two options for each page of the report, one to visualize the filter plus the one that actually activates the filter on that page), and that the duplicate time filter might be hiding somewhere, possibly behind other visuals.

Anyway, I looked for that visual in the entire report but didn't find it (by the way, it would be good to know if there's an hidden visual somewhere, such as a filter, without the need to look for it in the entire report), so I'm still wondering what the solution could be.

Sorry for my English, I'm out of practice: I hope the above is understandable nonetheless.

Giovanni  

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@giovissimo , if their page level or report level filter are there remove them first, save the report, and publish it again. Clear cache and try again

Unfortunately, nothing has changed after deleting all time filters and publishing the report again.

Giovanni

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.