Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tanyad
Advocate III
Advocate III

Time Zones > What's happen!?!

I have no idea if this is SharePoint, PBI desktop or the service.

Issue:

1. Automate transfers data into a SP List > in UTC
  2. View said data in SharePoint list and shows local (UK/GMT) > that's correct.
  3. Two weeks ago, I connected to the SP list from Desktop and the DateTime showed as local > that's correct
  4. Published it to the Service > DateTime showed as UTC.
  5. Banged head against wall, and decided to go for a Dataflow
  6. Copied the query from the desktop put into a Dataflow, bingo Datetime showed as local
  7. Report has been running for 2 weeks all was good.
  8. Now time's on the report are showing in UTC.

Decided to repeat the whole process, but now when I am in Desktop the DataTime is showing in UTC (step 3).  For the life of me cannot get anything to show in local.  Tried changing datetime local etc... Nothing is working.

Can anyone help, or is anyone having the same issues.

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@tanyad 
In desktop, now() function returns the local time, when you publish to service the now() function will return the UTC time. Unfortunately, We can't change the the time zone on Power BI Service.

To get time zone correct, you can add or reduce the time difference in dax, or change the timezone in power query. For detail: Solving DAX Time Zone Issue in Power BI.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@tanyad 
In desktop, now() function returns the local time, when you publish to service the now() function will return the UTC time. Unfortunately, We can't change the the time zone on Power BI Service.

To get time zone correct, you can add or reduce the time difference in dax, or change the timezone in power query. For detail: Solving DAX Time Zone Issue in Power BI.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Many thanks for the pointers, however when i originally built the report on the 22nd June i did not have to convert anything, i just consumed the data into a Dataflow, which then showed it as UK.  What i am wondering is what has changed in the Service in the last week or so that has changed how it handles the dates.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.