Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Mann
Resolver III
Resolver III

Time Slicer Not to Show all dates

Hi Experts,

I have a time slicer in my report. I am using "Between" view of it. I want user to select only those dates which are present in my dataset. Currently it is showing all dates of +10 and -10 years. How can we disable selection of other dates?

Also, in one of the time slicer (Between View) only one date should come (Showing only Max Date from dataset). I don't want this date to be changed using time slicer. Can we disable selection of dates from Calendar view in timeslicer

I know there are other options in time slicer but I need to use only Between view.

Please advice.

2 REPLIES 2
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Mann

Could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered?

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Mann

After my research, you could try these way:

1. If you time slicer is from a calendar table that includes date from '2008' to '2028' and create a relationship with other table?

If so, you could use RELATED Function to adjust if this row date is in dataset. 

for example:

Use this formula to add a column for calendar

filter = IF(ISBLANK(RELATED(Table1[Date Production]))=TRUE(),1,2)

Then set it into report level filter set is 2

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/power-bi-report-filter-preview

beforebeforeafterafter

2. Also, in one of the time slicer (Between View) only one date should come (Showing only Max Date from dataset). I don't want this date to be changed using time slicer. Can we disable selection of dates from Calendar view in timeslicer

If you could use Before View or After View.

3.JPG

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.