Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Time Intelligent Slicer to Dynamically Change X-axis Year/MonthDay

Hi there @amitchandak @parry2k  @AlB and everyone else

I have created a dynmic slicer consistring of Day, Month and Year. When selecting the Month from slicer it automatically updates the x axis on my bar chart, similar for the day as well. The issue I'm having is that the months and days are out of order.

jalmendarezSOG_0-1595443796284.png

month.PNG

The way I acheived this I created a table with the three types (month, day, year) in one column, and then all the value types based on my data

Capture.PNG

The actual values are from a measure I calculated inside the above table. These two tables are what I use to create the bar graph. The bar graph as an axis of "Values" which are picked from the slicer "type", and the values of the bar graph comes from the "Measure SN DT"capture 2.PNG

Is there a way to sort the table or measure so that the months and days are displayed in order (jan,feb,march....) and (1,2,3,4,5,6,7)?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

First in your "CATARINA GT DATE"table create 2 calculated columns to get the Month both in whole number format and text format;

Then in the new table,create 3 calculated column as below:

Get month number = LOOKUPVALUE('Table'[Month no],'Table'[Month],'Table 2'[Value],blank())
Convert to whole number = SWITCH('Table 2'[Type],
"year",'Table 2'[Value],"Month",'Table 2'[Get month number],"Day",'Table 2'[Value])
X axis = 'Table 2'[Value]

Then in the column "convert to whole number",remember to change the data type to "whole number";

Column "x axis" is a copied column of "value",and it will used as X axis value.

Finally select the column and choose sort by "convert to whole number":

Annotation 2020-07-23 110706.png

And you will see;

Annotation 2020-07-23 110855.png

For details,pls see attached.

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.