Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MateuszBI
Advocate I
Advocate I

Time Intelligence in Local Language Only

I have enabled "Time Intelligence" Functinon in PowerBI. It creates hittend table and hierarchy, based on time datetype. The problem is that even if PowerBI and Local date format is set to English, the values in that hierarchy, are still in my OS local language. Where can it be set?

5 REPLIES 5
ggnray

Do any have any update on this issue, I am also getting Hindi language in date heirarichy. 

Jmenas
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi @MateuszBI

yeah i also create a table using DAX, in my english power BI, and all the days of the week are in English but I need them in German. I try almost everything but nothing actually work except to build the complete report in another language file.

I hope you get a reply! 

konstantinos
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@MateuszBI First check if you are using the latest PowerBI Desktop. You can read these two topics that answer how PowerBI desktop & Service reads/use  Date & number format settings and region.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Thousand-Separator-and-Decimal-Separator/m-p/22146#M6917

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Regional-number-format-delimiters-in-Europe-PowerBI-Desktop/...

Konstantinos Ioannou

I am working on most up to date PowerBI version. I have changed system date to UK. Date is displayed in the format:

01 January 2008

But Time Intelligence function (new function that creates hidden time dimension table based on date field), still have my local language not English. My PowerBI version is english one.

Hello did you ever get a response and found a solution to your issue?

I have same issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.