Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hacksign
Regular Visitor

Time Intelligence Spend with Count if

To whom it may concern,

I hope this email finds you well.

I have a favour to ask people, as I am trying to create the following measure, and it's driving me crazy :

Situation: My advertising team has an AD (placement) which has a flat cost of, for e.g. 200 dollars per the total time that the Ad has to run over a month. The ad can run 20 times over a month or just once. Our criteria to identify how many times the ad has ran is if the Publisher (eg. New York Times) delivers more than 500 impressions (i.e. amount of time the ad is shown) per day.

Task: What we'd like to do is to create the following measure: Divide 200 dollar (the Flat cost of the placement for that month) by the count of times that placement appears in our report for that month that matches our criteria (i.e. More than 500 impressions). When a new month starts, divide again the flat cost amount (200 dollars) by the time the placvement appears. Ideally then when looking at the grand total for 2 months I have 200+200 (400) and when breaking it down by day I see those 200 / count of the placement that has more than 500 impressions

Exception: Our reports show the same placement more than once in the same day due to the way the report is structured. 

1 REPLY 1
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi there,

There are more than one ways to achieve this in PowerBI. Can you please post the sample data structure so we can suggest you the appropriate solution.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.