cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
shanka Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Time Intelligence - Auto date/time error (ShowAsVariationOnly, LocalDateTable)

Sequence of events...

1. I tried to delete a erreneous relationship between two tables, but was unsuccesful.

2. I figured it has something to do with Auto date/time option in Time Intelligence. So disabled it.

3. I was able to delete the relationship.

4. But all my date/time columns displayed as error.

5. Tried to enable Auto date/time option again, but getting the error as below.

6. Now my report is now completely broken. PLEASE HELP!

Auto date/time error

3 REPLIES 3
Moderator v-caliao-msft

Re: Time Intelligence - Auto date/time error (ShowAsVariationOnly, LocalDateTable)

Hi @shanka,

Could you please provide us more information about your report, so that we can make further analysis.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

shanka Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Time Intelligence - Auto date/time error (ShowAsVariationOnly, LocalDateTable)

@v-caliao-msft - let me know what information you need.

By the way, the issue fixed it self when I had to recover the pbix file after a computer restart! Thanks for that feature! Smiley Happy

Simon_Nuss Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi Charlie

I'm currently expeienceing the same error. It happened when I made extensive changes to date fields in Power Query and then attempted a refresh.

Model summary:

Big model model with 49 autogenerated hidden dimDates. I can't see anything funky about this particular date table.  According to  $SYSTEM.TMSCHEMA_TABLES, all of the date tables appear identical in structure.  Deleteing the table prevents the bug (obviously) and allows me to refresh.

Solution to anyone reading this:

1. Make a backup of your Power BI file
  2. Navigate to Options -> Data Load -> Untick "Auto Date/Time".
  3. Refresh all data
  4. Navigate to Options -> Data Load -> tick "Auto Date/Time".
  5. Refresh all data

Error output:

2017-02-24 11_01_15-.png

Thanks,

Simon