Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Time Functions

I am trying to calculate total ytd sales with the following measure

FYTD Sales $ = TOTALYTD([Extended Sales],'Daily Dates'[Date],"07/31")

The business unit I am in is currently in FY21, but when I use a slicer and select FY21, I get no return ($0 in sales).  However when I slice to FY20, I am getting the result for the current year of FY21.

I am sure I am missing something somewhere that is super simple but I cannot figure out what it is?

Can anyone assist?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Please show the formula you use to generate your FY column in the Date table.  Or check that to make sure that dates after 7/31/2020 show as FY20.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Please show the formula you use to generate your FY column in the Date table.  Or check that to make sure that dates after 7/31/2020 show as FY20.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mahoneypat  I found my issue, and it was completely stupid.  The slicer was selecting the calendar year column rather than the fiscal year column from the date table.

Thanks for your help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mahoneypat , my date table is created by my data extraction team.  It has the following columns:  Date(mm/dd/yy), Month(which is the calendar month), Year(which is the calendar year), Month Name, Period (yyyymm, which is the calendar period), Fiscal Month (MM, which displays the correct fiscal month number), Fiscal Year (YYYY, which displays the correct fiscal year), and fiscal period (YYYYMM, which displays the correct fiscal year and month combination).

I have checked in the data view to ensure that the transactions there reflect the correct fiscal year as well (I have a fiscal year column for each sales transaction in the sales table as well)

However dates after 7/30/20 should calculate as FY21.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.